Association of Brazilian Postgraduate Students and Researchers in the United Kingdom
The Brazilian Association of Postgraduate Students and Researchers in the United Kingdom is a civil, nonprofit association based in London that brings together its members (Brazilian postgraduate students and researchers residing in the United Kingdom).
- To congregate Brazilian postgraduate students and researchers living in the United Kingdom;
- To represent its members and their demands;
- To promote and foster cultural activities such as debates of scientific, political, social and economic; topics related to Brazil, and the intellectual work and social conditions of its members;
- To promote other activities of the interest to its members.
The participation of our members is essential in defining ABEP’s agenda. Currently, ABEP has been concerned, among other topics, in the following matters:
- Maintenance and living costs in the UK
- Personal development, adequacy and quality of programs and research in the United Kingdom, Networking, professional opportunities
- Equality of scholarships among Brazilian funding agencies;
- Visa fees, consular services agreements between the UK and Brazil, treatment of Brazilian citizens in the UK, fees and taxes;
- Return to work in Brazil, scholarships for recent PhDs and young researchers
- Job opportunities in Brazil and in the UK Expansion and enhancement of research in public and private sectors in Brazil
- Expansion and enhancement of higher education in Brazil Academic and scientific exchange between Brazil and the world.
Board of Director 2013-2014
H.E. Roberto Jaguaribe – Brazilian Ambassador to the UK
Gledson Emidio ̶ University of Strathclyde
Edmar da Rocha ̶ London School of Economics
Maíra de A. C. Fresqui ̶ University of Oxford
Gabriela Gadelha ̶ University of Oxford